Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Week 3 {And Counting}

Whoo.  Has it really been 3+ weeks??  No, no, it hasn't.  At least not until this upcoming Friday.  As slow as I'm moving, it actually feels like its been months.  Okay, maybe not months, but yes, a full month, maybe.

Today, I went in for my 3rd check-up, and everything seems to be going great!  Dr even cleaned my feet with some alcohol swabs.  With this heat, and them being wrapped up 24/7... well you get the picture.  But next week!! Next week!  These bandages are coming off, and these ugo boots are going into hiding, and hopefully forever.  I finallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy get to wear normal shoes.  But of course, not so fast... I can't wear my beloved flip flops, for the simple fact that, I can "dislocate my toe" if I were to trip or get my sandal caught on something.  UGH.  Just the thought of that happening makes me want to pass out.  No really, I can't even fathom that type of pain, and I can take pain rather well, but its that funny kinda pain/sensation that makes me want to cry.  You know what I mean?  It just feels...weird.  So, not sure what exactly I'll be wearing, but I've gotta find something this week! *hint hint* nudge nudge*

So aside from everything coming along great, this past week, I noticed what seemed to be an ingrown toenail.  YES!  Of course, I would discover it AFTER surgery.  So, I've already made an appointment to go in for a simple (yet painful) procedure come November to get that nasty sucker out of there.  Early last week, I made the mistake of trying to examine it, and without thinking, I pulled my toe closer to me... talk about the worst pain I have felt in a longgggg time.  I felt like I had dislocated my toe, and it fell off, but was still attached.  OUCH.  Major OUCH!  Ouch enough to make me feel queasy for 24+ hours.  Never again.


So anywho, here's some updated pics!

 {I am totally treating myself to a much needed pedi as soon as I possibly can!}

 {See my ingrown toenail??? Major YUCK! And so not cute!!}

{ps. my lower ankles have yet to be seen by an actual razor.  
Next week though...they shall meet again! 
Thankfully!}



I still can't walk as much as I'd like.  (which the doctor said, I'm gonna have to miss this year's Alzheimer's walk.  Sorry, Kathy!! Next year!)  I still can't take "normal" showers.  I can't get my feet wet, or clean them with anything besides a wipey and that's only on the non-gauzed areas.  However, I am now able to drive (although Jr won't let me).  Anddddd that's about it!  Ha! Oh oh!! And I clipped my nails when I got home!! FREEEEEEDOM!!  


Slowly, but surely, things are coming along, and so am I.  I still get frustrated not being able to move as fast as I'd like, or not being able to stand for long periods of time, or having to take bird baths (ew), but I am grateful for a wonderful doctor and fast healing beautiful feet!  

I am sooo looking forward to working out, again! I think that's what I am most excited about.  (yes, this is still ME typing)  I'm hoping to get these as my first new and actually fitted pair of shoes  (someone put in a good word for me *wink wink* nudge nudge*) Like, I have literally had dreams about these shoes.  I go to the link at least once a day and fantasize what it would be like to wear them and put them to work.  I hear they are one of THE best running shoes, and well, I think its time I invest in a pair, and not just because they're cute, or because I got them on super super super sale, but because I need shoes that work for me, and of course, it's always plus if they work for my personality as well, and these def do!





Anywho, next week's update will prob be my fave so far! 
Can't wait!



Faith and Love,
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis