Friday, August 19, 2011

Um. Yuck.

I'm a bcp junkie.  (bcp = birth control)  And not because of what you think, but because its the only thing that seems to tame my acne.  However, just recently I started to gain lots of weight in a very short amount of time, and not to mention, life just gets too busy to remember to take that little sucker (why I don't take it with my vitamins is beyond me).  Plus, we want to get pregnant soon, and it is said to be off of them for at least 3 months.  I have been off of them for about 6 now, and no, no baby yet. lol

But anywho, my skin began to go back to what it was prior to my beloved bcp's.  Not to mention, the heat this summer here in Houston.  Geez.  Like my friend said, its hot, its make you want to jump off a cliff just to feel the breeze.  SO TRUE.  Its horrible, here, and its not helping my skin at.all.  Not to mention, when I work out, I sweat like there's no tomorrow, and well, we can't have that.  So to Sephora, I go!

I approached the lady with beautiful skin and flawless makeup, and told her, I knew nothing about skin care other than I am no longer on bcp's, and I need a life saver.  She asked me zillions of questions, and before I was done answering them all, I could tell she wanted to order an intervention for me.  You mean, I have to CLEAN my make up brushes?? HA!


So, I bought some of THIS stuff:

 {$6 @ Sephora.  And it will last you a good while!  They also have a larger size for I think $13, however, I only have a handful of brushes, so I opted for the $6 one.}


I then came home, and proceeded to clean my brushes.  OH.EM.GEE.BECKY.

I then went BACK to Sephora, and bought me ALL new brushes, because those just weren't saveable.

DISGUSTING.

So here's what I do about once a month, if I'm good.



Step One: 
Gather your brushes.

 {Brushes are from Sephora as well; Bare Minerals collection}



Step Two:
Turn on water. Make sure water is lukewarm.




Step Three:
Gently rinse brush, being careful not to be too rough with the bristles.




Step Four:
Add small drop of cleanser into the palm of your hand, or on a surface of choice.




Step Five:
In a circular motion, scrub lightly the brush into the palm of your hand. You'll begin to see the cleanser lather up just slightly.




Step Six:
Try not to get grossed out when you see THIS. Yes, this is what goes into your pours everyday.  Can you imagine NOT cleaning these things regularly?? Um Yuck.




Another Example:


Looks fairly clean, right?


WRONG! bleh



Step 7:
Gently rinse (dirty yucky) brush under lukewarm water, and watch the dirt literally wash away. 

 ps. I don't have brown running water; that is actually the makeup residue.


Water is clearing up a bit! Meaning, so is my brush!



Step 8:
After you have thoroughly rinsed your brush, gently remove excess water, and begin to conform the bristles back to their original shape and form.




Step 9:
To allow brushes to dry properly, hang them over the counter top. 




Step 10: 
Enjoy your freshly cleaned make-up brushes!!



ps. I also hear baby shampoo works just as great!





Faith, Love, and Make-Up Brushes!
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis