Tuesday, August 2, 2011

10 Days and Counting

This will be short.

Its been 10 days since D Day.
And its been 10 days of not being able to do a lot.
A lot of which I took for granted.
A lot of which, I've pushed my limits to see how far my feet will take me. (not very far...yet.)


Its been 10 days of reflecting.
10 days of thankfulness.
10 days of humbleness
10 days of downtime.
10 days of ME time.
10 days of inspiration.
10 days of prayer.
10 days of being...
being all of the above.  All of which, I never made time for.

God slowed me down, and slowed me how, and who, what, and when, and where, and why.

It may sound silly, but you really do have more time to stop and smell the roses, when you actually well... have time to stop and smell the roses.


I've enjoyed it.  And I'm anxious to see what else the Lord has in store for me these next couple of weeks.

But don't get me wrong, I'm ready to be up and at it!  Ready to take actual showers, and drive my car (that just got washed, and fancied with new stickers)!  Ready to walk down the stairs like an adult, rather than a 2 year old with not long enough legs or coordination.  I'm ready to play with my dogs, and I'm ready to head to the pool with Aislynn.  I'm ready to get back to exercising, and cooking my own meals.  Yes, the list goes on...

Anywho, that will all come, soon.  "Patience little one", I tell myself.  Patience.

So, its been 10 days.  And today was my 2nd check-up, and I must say, I'm surprised at how well the healing is coming along.  Doc said its cause I'm young.  I said, its cause he's awesome!  I literally can feel the difference everyday.  I can feel myself getting better and being able to do even a little bit more, and I am so very thankful!

I can already tell the difference from before I had them done, and then from last Monday, and then today.  I'll be in some super cute ballet flats come winter!  The hubby bought me some adorable Cole Haan flats, that I wore ONCE.  They've been sitting in my closet for 2 years collecting dust.  ::insert sad face::  I can' wait to wear them, and not have to fret about them digging into my bones, and then leaving me bruised by the end of the day. 


So to recap!


Before Surgery- {7/22/11}:




Last Monday- {7/25/11}:





and today - {8/1/11}

ps. I have no clue what happened to the white balance on my camera phone. Looks like I got a bad fake tan. No fake and bake, here. Just a faulty wb. =/



ps that white powder is I'm guessing an antiseptic. 
pss. I haven't shaved much below my calf, due to the bandages, so cut me some slack. lol



Doc says in 2 weeks, I should be out of bandages! YIPPIE!!





Update next Tuesday!



Faith and Love, 
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis