Tuesday, August 16, 2011

2nd Graduation.

{written Friday, August 12, 2011}


Today, my sweet sister, Chelsey, graduates from MCT training in North Carolina.  It has felt so weird not hearing from her, and not knowing what she is up to or what's on the agenda for the day.  At least while she was in boot camp, we got letters here and there, but while in MCT, we haven't heard a peep.  We know she's busy doing what Marines do out in the field, but we miss her terribly.  Those 10 days she spent with us after basic went by so fast, and we didn't have nearly enough time to catch up on everything.  And before we knew it, we were saying goodbye again; goodbye to our sisterly escapades, to the fun (and not so fun) drama, and to the constant pigging out.


I sit here and type, and of course, my over emotional self is crying like a baby.  I miss her so so much, and only wish to send her picture messages of Aislynn and the funny things she does and says.  To visit her at her job, or poke fun of her wardrobe.  To ask her, "what's up with yo hair?"  or to tell her why I think her sister is crazy, and how she can't possibly be related to me.

I know I'm making it sound like she is gone forever, but nobody can describe the bond between sisters.  There is none like it, but I like to think Ecclesiastes describes it well...


"A cord of three strands is not quickly broken." -- Ecclesiastes 4:12



We're like the Amigos, the Musketeers, The Kardashians, and whatever other group of unstoppable goofballs there are.  This is the first time we've been separated like this, and its hitting us hard.  I mean, we've grown up together every.single.day of our lives.  Its like we don't know what to do with ourselves and/or with each other, anymore.  I think in some way shape or form, we've each gone a little mad.  Adjusting to "growing up" isn't so fun when one of your lifelong best friends are far away.  I mean, when you're little in the sandbox ages and pulling each other's hair out, you don't think where you'll be 15 years from now.  All you think is, "ugh! That little brat! I'ma beat her next time she..."  But these days, you think, "If you mess with my sister, you mess with me."






Anywho, enough of the sap in me.  I promise, I'm not always this melancholy.  I just miss my baby sister, is all.


{Update: Chelsey called Sunday evening, and is headed to California for schooling until further notice}




Faith, Love, and Sisters,
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis