Monday, August 8, 2011

In Awe.

Last week, I watched God doing some pretty awesome and miraculous things in the Ayala casita!

Stuff I had been praying very very hard about in the days leading up.  They were answered right before my eyes, and I saw God move right before eyes.

Lately, I've been "expecting" things to happen.  I figure, if I cry about them enough, the Lord will answer my prayers.  It wasn't until things got to a point where I was drained, that I decided, "Hey, I need to look to the Lord for guidance and strength.  I need cry out to Him!".  Why I hadn't done this before?  I guess, it was my pride... it was me trying to take care of the situation on my own.  Instead, I sat up every night, praying over this one situation... praying very specifically.  And within a couple of days, God moved.  He moved big, and He moved mighty!


Remember, although the Lord knows your thoughts and feelings, He wants you to come and share with Him.  No prayer will go unheard, and never will a prayer go unanswered.




I can think back to a time when  I did not pray and for the simple fact, I thought it was merely reading rehearsed lines from here and there, and well, I felt silly; I felt like a robot.  But then, I learned prayer isn't always formal, its merely reading your own feelings and your own thoughts.  Its talking to God like He was sitting right next to you.  Like your BFF's shoulder to lean on.  Its a conversation of heart felt, and one that doesn't need to be properly prepared in order to happen.  It just does.  Whenever you feel like it.  At the grocery store, in your car, heck, even in the restroom!  Wherever and whenever you want to call on Him, speak with Him, and listen to Him, He's there!



Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. -- Philippians 4:6





Faith and Love, 
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis