Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Our Love.

In January 2005, shortly after my 19th birthday, I began my job at Target.
My very first day, I met him.
We exchanged smiles, sarcasm, and tampon sales stickers.


I went home that night, and told my entire family, "I am going to marry him."
yes. at 19, might I add. ha.



The rest is history.


Jr and I have come a long long way....

Getting pregnant when I was 20.  Having a baby when I was 20.  And THEN getting married when I was 21.  You could say those were the 2 most busiest, stressful, NEW 2 years of my entire life.  My world changed in a matter of months, and adapting wasn't easy.  I was barely getting used to not having to wake up early for high school, or not having to do any homework.  And shortly after I walked across that stage, I was getting used to changing diapers, making bottles, and sleeping next to the man my dad wanted to kill for impregnating his baby girl.



Now, I'm a pro at changing diapers.  ONE wipey, no mess, and in under 10 seconds. (email me for my tricks!)
Now, I'm preparing my baby girl for Kindergarten next year.
Now, I'm leaving love notes on the bathroom mirror for the man that my dad now loves like a son.
Now, I'm planning family vacations.
Now, I'm planning a family extension.


I'm a Christ Follower.
I'm a wife.
Now, I'm a mother.
I'm a entrepreneur.


It all still seems so surreal, and sometimes, I just sit and think about how far my family and I have come in such a short amount of time, and I can't help but tear up. Despite some things here and there, and even then, BLESSED is the word that pretty much sums it all up.  I am so thankful for everything; the good, the bad, and the ooglayyy (because "ugly" just isn't enough).

I won't lie, there were times, many many times, Jr and I didn't think we would make it to where we are now, but we stuck it out, pushed through, and here we are...

Two birds in love... that sometimes want to bite each other's head's off.
Two kids (I still see us that way...) who are on a wild and crazy adventure, together.
Two parents who will always always still be trying to figure "it" out.
Two followers of Christ, who not too long ago, could say they were.
Two beings who seek the same... love.  The same unconditional love.



Thank you sweetie, for loving me for me.  That's simply all I can say, yet words can never express. You mean the world to me, and more.  I will love you today, forever, and for always.

To infinity and beyond.


HAPPY 4yr MARRIAGE ANNIVERSARY!

Then {2007}:




Now {2011}:



{geez. only 4 years... typing it out makes it seem like only 4 days, yet it seems like a long 4 years... a HAPPY long, that is. hehe}





Faith, Love, and Marriage,
Casey

1 comment:

Mayra said...

I can't believe I haven't met you yet! But you have narrated my story so well! Happy anniversary to y'all!

Post a Comment

AddThis