Friday, July 22, 2011

D Day.

As many of you know, today was, "D Day" aka surgery day.
And as many of you know, I wasn't exactly thrilled about my once thought "perfect feet".

But today, they are fixed and arthritis isn't something I immediately have to worry about regarding my movers. Such a blessing!!

Praise God! I first want to say thank you all so very very much for your thoughts, prayers, encouragement, and kind words!  I firmly believe that when 2 or more are gathered in His name, miracles happen, and today, they did, and I witnessed it! (well, sorta kinda in the midst of what is known as anesthesia. hehe)

Originally, they were going to have to break my bones and readjust them, but there was no need for taking it that far once they went in and got to work.  I'm not exactly sure what the remedy was as I was drugged and very loopy (was reminded why I don't ever get drunk).  So, because surgery wasn't as intricate and intense, recovery time has been shortened. Again, not sure by how much, because again, loopy loopy Casey took over, but I'll find out when I go for my follow up appointment on Monday, where they're going to re-bandage the damage, and I'll get to take a look at my "new" feet!

Here is what they looked like prior to surgery.  

 
You can see how far to the side of my feet, my bones are, and you can also see how the left foot is considerably far worse than the right. 

I also got rid of that small tumor like bump on the right left foot/heel area.
And as you see below, the left foot is bandaged up quite a bit more than the right foot.



Above Photo:
He's brave.  And you know, so am I.  I'm one that refuses to look away during any type of bodily injection.  I need to see what's coming. If I'm going to die, I need to know.


 Above Photo: 
My trusty right arm and my beastly veins were both not in my favor, today.  Whenever I donate blood or have blood checked, I can typically immediately show the nurse which hand, arm, vein to poke me with. So today, I de-virginized my left hand.


Above Photo:
Long story short.  I forgot I needed to purchase not ONE, but TWO surgical boots.  So, I trotted in the hospital with ONE, and they provided the other, which is also a different style, not to mention a different size.  Yeah, not happy about either, but these are going to be apart of my attire for a while. 

Ew.
 

Above Photo:
These feel soooo good resting on my ankles!
  

Above Photo:
A crime even the fashion po-po's would frown upon.


Also, and I'm sure none of them are reading or even know how to find me, but I just wanted to thank the wonderful nurses and staff at Memorial Hermann! They were the sweetest most kindest nurses I've ever had the pleasure of caring for me.

As far as Dr. Nussbaum, he's THE best podiatrist in Houston! THE BEST! My entire family has been going to him for years, and he actually performed a minor surgery back on both feet way back in high school.  I highly recommend him!  Also, his staff is ah-mazing!  

Anywho, I'll be updating some stuff here and there. Gonna end this blog, now.  Meds are kicking in, and who knows what I'll write and blog about. hehe


 
 


"For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." -- Matthew 18:20


Thanks again, everyone!!! I am truly blessed to have such wonderful, thoughtful, and caring people in my life! I love you all, dearlyyyy!

Faith and Love, 
Casey
 


2 comments:

Dianne Tran said...

Casey, you are such a talented photographer. Even foot surgery looks so pretty on your camera! haha. Rest up and recover fast my dear!

Casey Ayala (DreamTree Photography) said...

haha!! Silly!! Thank you, Dianne! ;D

Post a Comment

AddThis