Wednesday, July 20, 2011

2nd Go-Round.

Lately, things have been hectic around here.  HA! Okay, who am I kidding?? Things are always hectic around here.  And sometimes, sometimes, I prefer it that way, only because I like the full throttle of life, only because I get bored very easily.

But lately, as my friend said, the Lord is putting me through a test, one which I didn't pass the first go-round.  So, He's giving me another shot to pass it this go round.  And sometimes, sometimes when you realize things just aren't going the way they should, you get that god-awful feeling in the pit of your stomach telling you that something.has.got.to.change.  I got that feeling, and by golly, I knew it all too well.  At first, it was super hard to except, but I knew... I knew it was coming one way or another, one day or another.  And don't get me wrong, its still hard to except, but I have a loving and faithful God, and by knowing this, its easier to embrace.


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." -- Jeremiah 29:11


I like to see it this way... obviously, He believes passing this test is important. And obviously, we are important enough for Him to put this test on me/we, because its important enough in order to do the works of His Kingdom through us.  So with passing this test, we will be molded and forged into just the vessel He needs to move forward with our specific lives.

I can dig that.


“You will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth” -- Acts 1:7-8




ps. I have about 500 pictures to edit from Parris Island, and then from here at home.  Its gonna take me a bit, but soon. For now, here's one of us sistaaa's two days before Chelsey left for MCT training. 
We had just finished eating Carrabba's and it was YUMMY!






Faith and Love, 
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis