Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Birds of a {Creative} Feather

I have this urge to be surrounded by creative goodness.  Like, its a must for me.  This is why I go crazy when my walls are bare, why I go looney when I'm not doing something, and why I already have enough tattoos picked out to cover more of my body than I really do have.  Why my closet is overflowing with clothes I have never even worn.  Why I am not even the least little bit, a simple person.  I find this a blessings as well as a curse sometimes. My husband would make no comment on either. =P

I find creativity everywhere, and this I am so very thankful for.  I'm so happy the Lord created me into a creative being.  I can see the world in a different light and can appreciate a little more than what is in the eye of the beholder.  However, as a creative being, I think our minds get clogged, and not necessarily with bad things, but with too many things; too many ideas, all of which are floating around in this brain of ours, and all of which we wish to release the second we conjure them up.   Sometimes, it can become overwhelming, and sometimes, we need an outlet of some sort.  It reaches a point where we're so inspired, we don't know what to do with ourselves.

This is where my friends come in...  I have some pretty talented amigas, and I want to share with you a little of what they do in their "spare" time; you know, apart from being a mommy, all of which are working, a wifey, a daughter, a sister, and a dear loving friend.

Please take the time to visit their pages, "Like" them, and leave them a kind note.  I know they would appreciate it! As do I.  Sometimes, its nice to receive those random, uplifting comments every once in a while. =]




First up! Connie Gomez!
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Momma-of-Dos/167499493284586
Blog: http://mommaofdos.blogspot.com/

Connie's blog is also ranked #328 out of over 1,000 blogs on Top Mommy Blogs! Go girl!

Connie, is a mother of 2, wife of 1, and a friend of many!  She's got a silly, crazy, blessed, and faith filled life, and she sho loves to blog about it!  Trust me, its better than your favorite novela! Plus, Connie, just dived into the wonderful world of crafting, and you'd think she had been swimming around for a while, she's THAT good!


Here is one of the first pieces she made; one of which, I also used in a photo shoot not too long ago.  
For more images from that particular session, check out my photo blog:  http://dreamtreephotography.blogspot.com/2011/07/ava-chloe.html






Next up! Karen of EmmaLove Boutique!
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/emmaLoveboutique?sk=wall

Karen is a mommy of 2, a wife of 1, and of course, a friend of many!  Her business grew alongside with her sweet daughter, Emma.  Karen makes all kinds of things for kiddos including aprons, wipey covers, tutu's, and embroidered clothing, and lots lots more!


Here are some examples of Karen's work!  The adorable banner in the background, as well as the monogrammed t-shirts! For more images from this session, check out my photo blog: http://dreamtreephotography.blogspot.com/2011/03/peace-love-and-paint.html




Ready for some more bows?  Awesome!!  These run in the fam bam! 
Next up!  Patricia of Patti's Bowtique!
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pattis-Bowtique/125781247494867

Patricia is a mommy of 1, wifey of 1, and duh, a friend of many!  Patti is also related to Karen (see above), who is also related to the gal featured below!  Patti makes the cutest little hair bows!  You know the ones that all the little girls wear to school with their uniform?? Yes! Those!  Plus, she bakes some killer cupcakes!  Patti is also just diving into the wonderful world of photography!


(c) Patricia 2010-2011




And last but not least, and laugh if you will, but the fam bam has extended even further! Kathy Artiga of Mary Kay, is also related to my very own sweet husband! YES!  Small world we live in!

Personal Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=501954866

See Kathy for all of your Mary Kay needs and wants!  She'll hook you up with the best products and promotions!!  Contact her, today for some flawless skin and some beautiful color pop!





So, there you have it!!  There's never a dull moment in our circle of friendship!  And there's never an creative idea that doesn't get discussed!  These are my faith filled mommy friends!  So, what are you waiting for?  Stop by and say hello on their page! Tell them, I sent ya!




ps. speaking of creative goodness, follow me on Pinterest!
http://pinterest.com/hoorayitscasey/



Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another
-- Proverbs 27:17


Faith and love,
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis