Friday, July 15, 2011

The Griswald's

Yep! That's us!

Chaos before we even got on the plane.
Chaos before we even left the house.
Chaos before the day to leave the house and get on the plane. 

Yes.

The Romero's.
aka.
The Griswald's.

Yeah, that's us.
Not by choice, 
but by nature.


So before we left, there I was packing, trying to minimize any extra expenses.  I go to pack some of my sister's goodies which I bought her a long while back, and come to find its MIA.  Along with a $20 handmade Marine headband to specifically match a beautiful Marine dress made by the lovely Emma Love Boutique.  

tears. 
more tears.
and more tears. 

I still haven't found either. 

But that's besides the point...
Drama expanded, and it expanded quickly.

We're all packed and ready to go...
I take out my camera to snap some shots before we head out the door, and moments before the taxi arrives, I lose my lens.  
Surprise?
Not really.
But at this very moment??
Extremely.
Extremely.
Inconvenient. 

10 minutes or so later, it was found. 
Where you ask?
In.
My.
Camera.
Bag.

HA!

The taxi arrives and loads all of our gear, and we're off! 

We get to the airport with much time to spare. 
We hop into the security line where of course, its Houston, and it.is.busy.  
(keep in mind we each have 2 carry-on's/personal items. Yes, even Aislynn)
(keep in mind this is Aislynn's first time traveling on her very own two feet)
(keep in mind, this is my first time traveling with Aislynn without Jr.)
We're hurrying through the metal detectors.  
And then boom.
Dad's laptop on the floor. 
Boom.
Boom.
And so is everybody else's gear that was behind him. 
C'mon Continental!!
Get it together! 

So we're on the plane. Yay!

And we're off. 
No sooner are we already late for our connecting flight to Atlanta.

Picture this...
One Father with a suitcase and carry on
One Mother with a suitcase and carry on
One Sister with a suitcase and carry on
One other Mother (that's me) with a suitcase and carry on
One Daughter with a suitcase and carry on

...ALL running through THE BUSIEST AIRPORT IN THE WORLD.
Needless to say, we got in a workout for the day, and possibly even the week. 
Also, our flight was delayed, and had we stopped to check the boarding screen before we began our mile long bolt to the opposite end of the airport, we would have discovered that we could have made several pit stops on the way all while walking at a moderately slow pace.


I only captured a few shots of our journey.  It wasn't easy with my camera backpack, my 50lb purse (filled with the journey's entertainment), my camera in hand, and roll-on of my own.  Thank goodness, Aislynn is old enough to carry her OWN roll-on. So, here's few from our journey up to South Carolina.  The next set of images in the next blog post will be all about Family Day @ Parris Island.  For now, enjoy these. =]























Faith and Love,
Casey



No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis