Thursday, July 28, 2011

Post Op{eration} "Mama Down"

Its been, what?  5 days since I went under the knife.  And to be honest, I had to count those 5 days.  These meds have me in all sorts of a tizzy, and to be really honest, I'm still questioning my counting.  I won't lie though, sleep has been well, nice, and its been needed.  At least a GOOD night's sleep, anyway. 


Healing seems to be coming along just fine.  I went to the doc on Monday, and he even seemed surprised at how well the healing process is coming along.  Can't say I don't agree.  I was expecting them to unravel the 50lbs of bandages and gauze only to find my feet the size of an elephant's and my husband passed out on the floor.  Neither happened, thankfully.  I do, however, have quite a bit of time before I am at 100% completely healed.  An entire 365 days in fact.  Yes, a year.  BUT, but, I should be good to go in about 3 months, and hopefully be out of bandages by then.

I'm weening myself off these wonderful crazy meds, and I can tell the pain is slightly increasing, however, so is my will power.  Being bedridden this entire week has me in a not so fun funky funk.  My husband is a world of help, don't get me wrong, but well, there's just somethings us wives and mommy's do like one else.  Not to mention, I'm bored.  Really.bored. And so is Aislynn, and I feel horrible because I am no fun, but she's my company, and I am hers, and these last couple of days, we've watched countless movies and read countless books.  She's put makeup on me, filed my nails, and "decorated" my lovely "socks".  (pics on that, tomorrow).  Its been nice to just sit and talk with her longer than usual, and not in the midst of our everyday chaos.  Diamond (my mix rescue), misses her mama, and those deep sad eyes get me every time.  But, I can't allow her gigantic body to embrace my gigantic body... at least, not while in this type of pain.

I also feel like I'm getting fatter by the minute.  I'm stationary the entire.day. And when I walk around, the little one and big one get upset at me.  But seriously, I never thought I'd say this, but I actually miss my elliptical, which is now collecting dust... dust that hasn't been swept in I dunno how long anymore.  I wish I could at least attempt to do some crunches, but any strain on my feet, my toes feel like they're going to rip out of the top of my feet. Sorry, graphic, I know, yet very real.  Stretching in the morning is also a rude awakening, when it used to be what got me out of bed.  Now, I have to strategize my yawning of the muscles.  Not fun, yet it puts my brain to work that early in the morning, which I guess isn't  necessarily a bad thing.

Hmm... showers birdie baths, are well... interesting.  I still don't feel clean, and I only long to linger aimlessly in my stand-up shower and feel the hot steam clean my now, dirty pores.  Its been 6 days since I have shaved my legs.  Gah! I can't believe I just admitted that.  Today, I felt a bit of freedom as my razor went to town!  I am, however, thankful for my garden tub which perfectly accommodates my nice round tush.  However, again (there's always a however), I have to sit in a certain position where my feet dangle out of the tub, meaning all 200lbs of my bootylicious body balances on my itty bitty tail bone.  Not exactly the most welcoming feeling in the world, might I add.  By the time I'm ready to hop wobble out of the bath, I'm on the fence about which hurts more; my tail bone, or my feet from the blood rushing back down (I currently live all day with them propped exactly 6 inches in the air).


Tomorrow, we take a trip to one of my favorite stores; Hobby Lobby.  I think that will be a blog post on its own as I cannot walk for long periods of time.  Therefore, I'm guessing my hiney will have to park itself into a wheelchair, something I didn't even do while 9mo's pregnant with swollen feet the size of blimps.  Laugh now, while you can...while I'm unable to get up and run after you. =P



**Warning** 
Photos below not for the stomach of the weak.


**Beware**


**ok, LAST WARNING**
 


Here are some pictures from the doc's office.  
The first you'll see where they took out that nasty hernia looking doo-hicky from my bottom right heel, and the second image, you'll see it all, in all its glory.





So all in all,  things are... different, and I'm looking forward to getting better and getting back on my feet... real quick!


Until tomorrow!




Faith and Love,
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis