Sunday, July 24, 2011

Family Day! | Part I

Finallly! I've caught some down time!  Well, really, I'm on some super strong meds that instead of knocking me out, have me wide awake, yet quite at peace.  I'm enjoying, and have been enjoying the past 3 hours in my digital darkroom.


This was day 1 of 2, and ohemgee,  you think Houston has humidity?? Try being on an ISLAND surrounded by SWAMP. YES!  Chelsey even mentioned some gals unfortunately had to go home because they couldn't hack the humidity alone.  I can't imagine.  Well, I mean, I can, because, well, I DO live in Houston.  But humidity is a runner's worst enemy, and well, that's all they do/did... is RUN.

I'm not even sure why we wore makeup or even tried to look cute, because the second we stepped out of the fresh AC'd vehicle, we were slapped in the face with moisture and sweat; dripping sweat.  And here I am with my camera running around crossing streets back and forth, not knowing what's going to happen next.  YES, that is why I am NOT a regular photojournalist, but a photojournalist of life and family.

Here are some pics from Chelsey's Family Day at Parris Island, SC!  This was the first day we saw her after a longggg 13 weeks!  How we missed her so!

Enjoy!












































And just in case you missed it, here's a vid of Chelsey finally being dismissed! 




Stay tuned for Part II, tomorrow!




Faith and Love, 
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis