Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Tonight...

I sit and can't sleep.  I have 21% left on my comp battery, and 101% of life to type out...

Where to start?
Well, let's state the obvious, I'm a HORRIBLE blogger.  Maybe even BEYOND horrible.
yeah, okay... there I said it. =]

So, I've been feeling even more horrible than the horrible of my non-consistant blogging.  Like, deathly horrible.  Promise, I'm not being over dramatic, but ohemgee.  I've never felt so bad in my entire life.  Laying on the couch everyday for 4 weeks straight plus the worst type of nausea imaginable.  No no no no no... I'm a full time stay at home mom and business owner... my life was literally flashing before my eyes.  I understand it happens during every pregnancy, but this type of nausea... no.... its unbearable, and NOBODY should have to endure it "because making a baby takes a lot out of you".  Yeah, it does take a lot of you, but your LIFE?  No.  Plus, I'd rather my preggo behind be happy, up, active, and eating healthy, than suffering the rest of my 1st trimester, if I'm lucky it doesn't carry over into the 2nd or 3rd.  Muscular atrophy.... yeah, I saw that in my very near future had I not figured out what in the world was making me so sick.  I kid you not, I got up off the couch to pee, and feed my child, and THAT WAS IT.  I couldn't do anymore, no matter how hard I tried.  I love my baby Cupcake, but I need to LIVE.  Sooo, as of right now, I'm just waiting on the doctor to give me a call back regarding an alternative to these specific prenatal vitamins. Just imagine the stomach flu times a gazillion!  I can function with a stomach flu... did it when A was a tinyyy baby and Jr worked a thousand hours a week.  I'm fully capable of sucking it up, and moving on... mind over matter is how I see just about everything (call me insensitive, and not to toot my own, but I trained with US Marines every single day for over a year... never went on to become one, but that experience still lives deeeeeeep down in my heart and mind. "Pain is weakness leaving the body." Life is a mental game, and so on), but anywho... THIS... nah-uh.  I will not die to my family when there are alternatives just to save my pride.  Call me a horrible mother, nope... I don't care.  Your way isn't necessarily the ONLY way. Just sayin'. {<<<--------- Preggo hormones talking.}

ps. I'm already 2+ months!  Once, I get into my 2nd Trimester, I hope to take weekly photographs of myself.  We'll see how that goes! ha!  I tried to do a daily "Thankful" on my photo blog, and after Day 14, I feel like a total failure, because it looks like that's all the days I can count up to in the month of November.  Truth is, my camera was the least of my worries... I just wanted to lay on the couch and drown in my preggo sorrows. womp womp.


Work is coming along... Tonight, I stayed up and inspired... myself.  Its been a while since that last happened, and I think I'm finally ready to take the leap of faith with my business.  I want to photograph exactly how I envision my work... not just because people will "typically" like it, but because it stands out and becomes dare I say it, "ART".  I want to get out of the "norm" and jump into my "photographic dreams".  Truth be told though, I'm absolutely TERRIFIED.  The work I love... I haven't seen much in Texas... and quite frankly that freaks me out.... we're more of a traditional state with traditional values, but my work... I can honestly say, its not much traditional.  However, I feel like I need to clean out my website of all the wonderful work that made me smile, yet wasn't my vision.  Its going to hurt... really.really.bad.  But I know God is in control, and if He wants my business to boom or to boom in the hearts of only a few, I am blessed and grateful regardless.  Just asking for prayer... for me to have the guts to take that leap of faith, and for God's grace to shine in and throughout my entire business... I give it to Him.... Fully, this time.  {January 2012... here I come.}


Hmm... Thanksgiving was wonderful! I enjoyed spending time with my in-laws!  They're always great company!  The turkey... I could have puked on, it made me so sick to even think about... still does. BLAH!  BUT, it was a wonderful day!  Black Friday wasn't too shabby either!

Hope you all had an amazing holiday as well... minus the my personal turkey experience. ahem.
Gobble Gobble!



ps.  Meet Cupcake, who is already 5 days bigger than he/she should be! ha!


Love y'all!


Faith, Love, and Everything Going On NOW,
Casey

1 comment:

Unknown said...

:( Man that's a bummer on being sick all the time like that. I can somewhat relate when I have my periods. They wipe me out.. nausea, vomiting, fainting, the works.. But it's hormonal for me, so I try to exercise and take herbs -- things that are both hard to do when you're preggo. Anyways... will be praying for you my friend.

And I have full confidence in your artistic abilities. You'll do great. Texas may be conservative and more "traditional" - but we're also the state that kicks against the goads at pretty much every opportunity and still has the right to succeed from the Union - so you fit right in darlin'! ;)

Post a Comment

AddThis