Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A Pinterest Kind'a Surprise!

Since we planned for Cupcake, and since Pinterest in my new BFF, I figured.... hmm, let me browse the preggo world, and see what's new!  And um wow... Everything "new" these days, make Miss A seem like she's a century old!  I kid you not, I saw an ipad looking baby monitor at Target!  My jaw literally dropped, and my eyes went "cha-ching!"

After discovering Cupcake was baking in this oven, I knew EXACTLY how I wanted to tell Jr, only thing was, I'd actually have to keep it a secret for almost 12 entire whole hours!  Geez.   I can't keep anything from that man, and he's the same way with me.  We just love to share our excitement, even if its over how much we paid for gas that day. ha!  I made a promise to myself, and asked God to put His hand over my big mouth, and to give me patience and agility.  Yes, agility!  I had to make a bee-line to the store in between all of my errands for the day in order to get exactly what I needed and put it all together before baby-daddy arrived.

It HAD to be SPECIAL.  A phone call? No.  Text? No.  Trip to his job? Tempting, but no.
All I knew was that this may (and very may) well be our last baby, and I wanted to go out with a BANG! When first finding out Miss A was "Coming Soon", it wasn't exactly a scene from a Lifetime movie... or maybe it was... maybe Juno?? Yeah... Juno.

We looked at each other like this (picture it with me, now):
 
{Excuse the language, but I'm pretty sure this is exactly what we both said.
It was a scary time, and very surreal.  Obviously, we knew the consequences of not using protection, but we were two dumb kids in love, and obviously, nothing else mattered.  These days, we look back, and that was THE best "Oh Sh*t" EVER!}



SO yes!, Back to the SURPRISE! While browsing Pinterest, I came across this piece of brilliance:


And this is pretty much exactly what I did.  I really wish I had taken pictures, but I was in such a rush, I barely had time to even wrap the box. Boo.

The first piece to the surprise: 
Earlier that morning, my sister and I went painting with Miss A in honor of her birthday celebrations.
See?



I immediately saw this and immediately new I had to paint it:
Before:
That little opening, there?? What the heck is that for?? Any ideas?? 
Well, I used it to place my positive preggo stick.

Of course, I had to put my Picasso skills to use (ahem).
The result?


ps. please excuse my poor quality camera pix.  I have a Blackberry, and no, not the new ones.  
<<<--- Wishful iphone user. =(



My original idea for a box came from the Baby aisle at CVS in the shape of a pack of diapers, however, $25 for a present (or really, the box alone) just didn't seem wise.  Plus, the big bold HUGGIES lettering would probably give it away before the box was even opened.  Needing to improvise, I scoured my dad's office for a box.  Found one.  Headed to our local Dollar Tree, and grabbed some yellow wrapping paper as well as crumbled tissue paper in yellow, brown, and white (I now, regret the brown, but at the time, I thought it looked pretty)  I also scoured the balloon wall for the perfect "Baby" balloon.  Found one, had someone pump some helium in the sucker, and was out the door in a matter of minutes.

The clock was ticking, and Jr would be getting off work in 20 minutes, and it only takes him 3 minutes to get home, so time was of.the.essence.  PLUS, I had to explain and re-explain (or try to) why on earth we bought a "Baby" balloon when "there is no baby", said Aislynn.  This was tricky, because I knew the second Jr were to walk in the front door, Miss A would open her mouth, and spill the beans before I could even tell daddy I had a bean growing inside of my belly. {this was a task in itself}

I put together the box, thew in the tissues paper, tied the balloon ribbon around my painted baby bottle, carefully placed the balloon inside, making sure it would float to a nice distance, preferably eye level to Jr (I know. I know, I'm so thoughtful), closed the box, taped it, and wrapped it.

DANG! Forgot the pretty bow! Oh well!
Okay, now, let's make it look like I was doing something important... 
doodeedooodeeeedoooo.


Jr walked in, showered, changed, and with minutes to spare before we had to all head back out the door, Jr opened the box, and it happened just like I imagined (that hardly ever happens, so I was pretty giddy).  We laughed, we cried, we hugged.  And then REPEAT


It was a good day. 
A good day, indeed




Faith, Love, and a Pinterest Surprise, 
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis