Thursday, November 3, 2011

Shamu & The Fam!

This week was JAM packed with pure goodness!! Wednesday, we found out we're expecting. Thursday, we saw Chris Tomlin in concert  (that's an entirely different post).  And Friday, we headed to San Antonio for the weekend! 

We left kinda late, thanks to me, and this not so lovely tiredness. BLAH! I just feel so lethargic, and prenatal's aren't exactly helping.  I'm not used to do nothing, and to "resting".  I need to be active and taking care of business. SO, basically nothing was packed until about 20 minutes before we headed out the door.... which was the beginning of our Griswald trip.  Of course, it wouldn't be a trip without some Griswald drama! ha!

On the way there, we could have made a list of stuff we had forgotten, it was horrible.  Soooo, as usual, we made a trip to Wal-Mart as soon as we checked into our hotel. 

Now, now... I love Houston, but I don't LOVE Houston.  The traffic and the heat; 'nough said.  But San Antonio... wow.  Major major change of pace.  As some of you know, half of my family lives in NC, and its like night and day between here in Houston and there in Dunn, NC.  However, I LOVE it, and I'm used to it.  I expect it when I go to visit... I expect to not be in a rush, and to well... stop and smell the roses.  But on our trip to San Antonio + my new raging hormones, it wasn't pleasant, and it was rather annoying, really.  I couldn't believe we sat in the drive-thru line at McDonald's for 20 mins for a mere 3 Happy Meals.  And the traffic lights... oh geez.  So yes, moral of the story.... We are spoiled Houstonians. ha!

Except we don't have Sea World, or really, anything close to Sea World.  Yeah, our Zoo rocks, but I love marine life, and I literally could sit in an aquarium the entire day in amazement. Call me a dork, but its true.


So, we got to Sea World, and it was a GORGEOUS day!!  BEAUTIFUL! The sun was shinning, and the wind blowing!  Shamu was happy, and so was Miss A! 

ps. I will say, the last time we went was about 3 years ago... Yeah, we've gotten older since then, because we were BEAT when we left.  Plus, strolling around a 50+ child up and down mini slopes wasn't exactly a "walk in the park". hehe


At the hotel. 
The Shamu you see in the bottom left hand corner isn't real (lol), its the elevator doors.

 Arriving at Sea World!

 When we rented this stroller, I immediately thought "recession" and that thing had gotten smaller, but then I remembered "yes, recession, but yes, Aislynn DOES indeed GROW." ha


 The Ayala's. <3

Trick or Treating! 
Miss A got extra goodies bc it was her birthday weekend!

 Sea World and Halloween!! 
I wonder what's its like for Christmas!

Shamu show: "One Ocean"



Disclaimer: These were all taken with my point and shoot.  If they look "unprofessional", its because the "professional" took a weekend off.  hehe




Faith, Love, and Shamu!
Casey

1 comment:

Connie Leon said...

I have not had a chance to read...but I am so happy that you guys got a chance to take this little trip! BTW...you are so silly..your pics are amazing no matter what you point and shoot with! You guys look great!!! :D

Post a Comment

AddThis