Wednesday, June 1, 2011

In another lifetime...

When I grow up... in another lifetime...

I'd play the guitar, the piano, and sing from my soul.
With my eyes closed, the music would flow, flow freely into the winds of heaven.
I'd jump out of a plane 10,000 feet off the ground.
I'd write a love song, and tell him what could have been, but glad it wouldn't have been.
I'd sleep like a baby until my mind wakes up to reality.
I'd hum a sweet lullaby each night while tucking in my sweet angel.
I'd be a lawyer, where my word is good and firm.
I'd be an artist of hair, that could transform.
I'd be the girl with the long and wispy hair.
I'd be the girl, the girl that wasn't afraid to dare.




Okay okay... no, but really...
In another lifetime, that would be me and then some.  Sometimes, I think its fun to dream of what we'd be if we weren't who we are today, and who'd we'd be tomorrow.  Not saying I covet this so called dream, but I love where my imagination takes me, and who knows, maybe one day my music will flow into the winds of heaven.  For now, I love who I am, and am excited about who I'm going to be!




But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.” 
-- Samuel 16:7




Faith and love,
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis