Sunday, June 12, 2011

Strange Feeling?


Or lack there of.  Not sure, exactly what is taking place, but I almost want to say I now have will-power.  Yeah, will power.  Sounds strange to me, too!  Will power to say no to that delicious newly advertised Banana Pudding milkshake.  And anyone that knows, knows this Southern gal digsssss her banana pudding! Oh sweet heaven.  Yep.  That's exactly what it is. Sweet sweet heaven.   However, lately, heaven has been me saying, "No." to that sweet banana shake.  It has been me saying, "I can do better."  It has been me saying, "This will not overpower me."  

And it has been me on that elliptical like there is no tomorrow.  In just two days, I burned 50 calories shy of 1,000.  Really?  Because I distinctly remember just 2 weeks ago, that 12 minute mark was border line flat line.  But today, that 12 minute mark is the home stretch to my warm up.  

Again, I will say I don't like odd numbers.  And if I'm at an odd number when my initial 20 minutes are up, then I will keep going.  And if at that point, the song currently playing on my ipod isn't over, I will again keep going.  And if then, the calories aren't at an even number, I will again, keep going.  And I will keep going until I feel like my legs are going to fall off.  (I'm on level 2, now btw. creeping up the ladder there if you will)  And when I hit 500+ calories in 45 minutes, I felt, yes, you guessed it, just like Tony the Tiger! Grrrrrrrrrrrreat!!  

And today, I feel great!  I feel great that I am making better food choices, and better life choices.  I feel great that I have the ultimate Trainer cheering me on and motivating me! He whispers in my ear, "10 more minutes"  or "50 more calories"  And then I hear my sister... "the flesh is weak, but with Him, the spirit is strong."  And then I think of her 9 mile hike + gear.  And you're telling me, I can't go for an extra 10 minutes?? ::hmph:: I'll show you Mr. Satan!  ha! okay! No really! I know, he will put whatever he can in my head to make me stop and step off, and believe me he tries veryyyy hard.


To simply put it, I'm proud!  I've only got 3 more weeks, and this time, there is absolutely NO looking back!  After all, I'm gonna have a Marine to answer to!  But really, and I know I say this a lot, but I'm tired of saying it, and not following through. I'm tired of beating myself up because I had ONE slip up.  I'm tired of giving up when I just started.  I'm at the point in my life where I must focus; focus on what's going to get me ahead in life, and what's going to get me to where He needs me to be.  I've never had this same motivation.  Never.  Its always been about the vanity.  Up until the last 2 weeks.  I have finally set my heart where it needs to be, and the rest is up to God, and with that being said, I know for a fact that I am in good hands, and that complete failure is not an option.



A little glimpse at my weekend.  Aislynn and I were overdue on a mini-me session.  Its been what? Since February.  So I figured since she got some very "Aislynn-esqe" clothes, why not snap a few of her sporting them?  
This is def my fave!



Hope everyone had a beautiful weekend!
Also, if you follow along, and I haven't discovered you yet, please feel free to leave a comment with a link to your own blog! I'd love to follow you!






Faith and Love, 
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis