Friday, June 3, 2011

My OORAH of an Inspiration

This weekend was rough, and I won't go into details, but it was a very emotionally and physically draining weekend.  

Last week, Jr set up my brand new elliptical; something I hate with a passion, but know its going to do me some good, and no, I don't mean good as a clothes hanger, either.  I really really loathe this machine.  I mean even when I was thin and fit, this thing would kick my butt after a mere 5 minutes on it.  Not kidding... one time, it literally read that I needed to STEP OFF THE MACHINE.  Again, I kid you not. I didn't know machines could do that. 

So we head to the store to initially pick out a treadmill.  You know, something I can do while catching up on my Sex & the City episodes.  Well... the more I thought about it, and the more I thought about the impact on my bad knee, and then the time I'd have to be on that thing in comparison to the time I'd be on the elliptical, it was really a no brainer.  I didn't like my decision, but I knew it was the best decision.

So back to Jr setting it up... Now, he's no Bob Villa, and I wanted to make sure I wouldn't come crashing down because a screw was loose, so I hopped on the thing to give it its first go-round.  6-7 minutes later, I was still on it, and oh how exciting, I wasn't near death. And OH, how even more exciting when I saw that I burned 50+ calories!  Say what????? I didn't think this machine had so much power.  Me gusta! 

So the next day I did my first 20 minute work out... I was inching closer to death around the 12 minute mark, but my jam packed awesomely awesome ipod and its awesomely awesome choice of playlist music helped ease the pain.  And then... poof, I was done!  Just like that, and OH how exciting, I was ALIVE! And I felt alive!  Not sure if it was the endorphins from the actual workout, or the fact that I wasn't dead.  Either way, I had a Tony the Tiger moment; I felt grrrrrrreat!!!  

So the next day came, and I did the same, but this time burning less calories. A bit of a bummer for this perfectionist.  Then I got on it again, and burned even more calories. And then again, and even more calories.  205.2 in 33 minutes, and yes, I'm still on level uno. My best yet! GO ME!  I could have stopped at my 20 minutes, but I saw the 200 mark in sight, and I went for it!  Plus, I don't like odd numbers... they bug me; they really do.

Then... and then.... this weekend. It was one thing after another.  One blow after another.  This was the only holiday weekend my husband has off during the entire year, and that's how it went down.  Not exactly my idea of time spent together, but hey, I was thankful for other events that did occur.  Not going to lie though, I was super glad the weekend was over... I needed a fresh start and a fresh new outlook.  Besides, I felt like a blimp after not working out since Saturday morning right before our AC blew.

Then Tuesday came, and then Wednesday came.  I passed up the elliptical without any acknowledgement.  Like it wasn't even there... sitting directly in the middle of my living room.  Yeah, who'd notice it, right??  I guess you could say I hadn't forgotten about it, but rather, I chose to ignore it.  I didn't have the energy, the mind set, or the motivation.  I had even forgotten to eat... and me? Forget to eat??  Does it look like I ever forget to eat?  No. 

Today, I got up early, and not by choice, but for the 5th night in a row, I couldn't sleep, and me trying to force myself to sleep only lead to day-long headaches.  I must admit though, the day went by rather quickly, but still I had not hopped on that dang piece of machinery.  

And then.... and then... I get a letter from my sister; my new inspiration.  My goodness, I miss her so much.  And my goodness, I cannot express enough how much I am proud of her; proud of who she is becoming, and who she is going to be.  Just with her in basic training these past weeks, she's become so wise, and she has dove into God's word, and its not for show... its for her; for her to make it through another second, another minute, another hour, another day, and another week, another month.  She's speaks of nothing but positivity and hope, and of the strength God is giving her.  The strength she wouldn't have had, had she not fully trusted in Him to carry her through this training.  I can't even begin to imagine the mental transformation that all the recruits are forced to make, but she's doing it with ease.  And when life gets me down, I think of my sister, my beautiful sweet Chelsey... I think of her struggles and her triumphs, and I think, if she's going through all of that, I can at least try, and just as she makes me proud, I want to make her proud.

So, today, I hopped on that elliptical, and did my best yet.  206.2 calories in 27 minutes (and yes, still on level uno hehe).  And I promise this isn't an imposter typing up this blog... its me, so that tells you I survived! YES!

Goodness... just as she asks that we write her every.single.day, I wish she could do the same for me... I need that constant motivation just as she does.  I can't wait to see her in 5 weeks. FIVE weeks!! I can't believe it!! Seems like just yesterday we were waving her off, but then I think of all those times I just wanted to pick up the phone and say hello... to hear her voice of annoyance whenever I call too much.  Yeah, I miss that, too.  I miss everything about her.  Her rolling of the eyes, her big butt, and her fashion faux paux.  I miss it all, and it makes time seem like an eternity. But soon, I will re-live these moments, and I am just completely over-joyed!! Ecstatic beyond belief!


I miss you, sissy, and I love you dearly.


Supporting our gal, Chelsey! 
(please excuse my hot mess of a hair... 
We had no AC this past weekend, and well, the humidity is always out to take revenge on my lady lovely locks.)





Faith and Love,
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis