Thursday, June 16, 2011

Perfect no more.

By this, I am speaking of my feet. Yes, my feet.

Yesterday, I went to the "foot doctor" for one very specific reason, and I came out with many very specific reasons on why I need surgery on not one but both feet!  All my life I have boasted to my sisters on just how beautiful my feet were, but apparently yes, beauty is only skin deep.

So the surgery, you're asking... what's it for? What's the purpose of slicing my precious feet open? Well apparently, the same bones in both feet are stretching farther apart than they are supposed to, like wayyy farther, and they're going to have to go in with the knife and whatever else to move those bones back to where they are naturally supposed to be. Not to mention they're going to put rods in place to help reform what needs to be reformed. This alone freaks me out. lol

I'll be having surgery more than likely next month on the 22nd. Not sure though, because I have a busy work month in August, and well, I need my feet to shoot.  But we'll see.  The real bummer is me not going to be able to work out.  Recovery time is 8-10 weeks, and maybeeeeee 6 weeks for the elliptical.  Its a real bummer, because finally, finally, I am at a point where I enjoy working out, and I've kept it up longer than a few days. lol  And now, my elliptical is really going to be used as a clothes hanger!


So yeah... just thought I'd share the horror of what my feet are about to endure.  Not to mention, I'll have to wear those hideous hospital boots. Major ew.





Faith and Love,
Casey

6 comments:

Unknown said...

This may sound silly, but I feel the same way about my stomach. I've always taken pride in having a nice looking stomach, so much so that it's made me worry about having kids. Which is ridiculous and selfish. But what's funny is that as I've gotten older I'm starting to notice the dreaded love handles. Age and change are facts of life, but isn't it weird how we're always surprised by them? C.S. Lewis wrote in a letter once: "Do fish complain of the sea for being wet? Or if they did, would that fact itself not strongly suggest that they had not always, or would not always be, purely aquatic creatures? Notice how we are perpetually surprised at Time. (`How time flies! Fancy John being grown-up and married! I can hardly believe it!') In heaven's name, why? Unless, indeed, there is something about us that is not temporal."

We had to be made for another world - one where are bodies don't fail us and are kept in perfection for all eternity. Why else would we be so obsessed with anti-age creams and youth-serums? Ahhh well. I'm sorry to hear you have to have surgery, you know I'll be praying for you. <3

Casey Ayala (DreamTree Photography) said...

Wow, Ashley! That's a good point! Never thought about it like that! Thanks for sharing! ;D

Anonymous said...

I'm keeping you in prayer

Casey Ayala (DreamTree Photography) said...

Thanks, girl! I'm trying not to think about it all. lol =/

Connie Leon said...

:D

Casey Ayala (DreamTree Photography) said...

=/ I don't want to go under the knife!!! lol

Post a Comment

AddThis