Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Rush Kicks In

So thinking back on my latest blog post about rushing life.
It just made me think.

Why am I in a rush?

I guess with the world being the way it is these days, you feel like any minute now, Jesus, is going to come down in all His glory, and BAM, the Rapture happens.  In reality, Jesus really isn't concerned with my having a second child, or me getting to a point in my business where I can breath a sigh of relief, and he really isn't concerned with my losing the exact amount of weight I want to lose.  When He's ready, He's gon' come.  Whether you, me, we, like it or not. Whether we're ready or not.

As we grow older, life really does fly by.  I remember thinking it was the most odd thing that adults forgot how old they were.  Like, seriously?  But now, I found myself doing math on my fingers just to remember how old I really am.  And then even after, I still question myself.  (math wasn't my strongest subject)

I guess I'm just ready to continue on... ready to be, to love, to grow.  I'm just ready... ready for it all!

But then I think...

I don't exactly have a one way ticket to NeverLand, and neither does my family.  My husband is a little less than 3 years older than me, and my daughter is what seems like 14 already.

There's eventually going to come a time when we will have a full set of gray hair, when my daughter waves us off for college, and when my husband picks out my hot pink electric wheelchair.  There's also going to be a time, when I will forget my age, and then not remember how to count to 10.  And there will come a time when I get to put in fake teeth every morning before watching whatever new soap opera is out or game show.  There will come a time when those pretty lacy panties will be replaced with Depends.  (oh, Dear Lord.)  There will come a time when my daughter will say she hates me and wants to run far far away.  And then a time when she gets married and has her own children.


Geez.

I'm killing myself, here.

Okay.  There will be a time...

A time for everything.


Ecclesiastes 3

A Time for Everything
 1 There is a time for everything,
   and a season for every activity under the heavens:
 2 a time to be born and a time to die,
   a time to plant and a time to uproot,
 3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
   a time to tear down and a time to build,
 4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
   a time to mourn and a time to dance,
 5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
   a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
 6 a time to search and a time to give up,
   a time to keep and a time to throw away,
 7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
   a time to be silent and a time to speak,
 8 a time to love and a time to hate,
   a time for war and a time for peace. 




But for this very moment, the time is now.  
The time is here.  
To be embraced, enjoyed, and well... just had.



{Christmas Morning 2010.  Dead tired?  But that's how us parentals role, right??}


{Aislynn and I this past weekend at her very 1st gymnastics class. ::single tear::}





Faith, Love, and The Rapture,
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis