Saturday, September 10, 2011

MIA & Texas.

For a second, I was on a nice little roll there with my blog, and then life happened.  I forgot how busy I was prior to surgery... never a dull moment in the Ayala Casita. And now that I can move significantly faster than I was 2 weeks ago, mama is on a roll!


I promise, I'll be back next week, or perhaps the following week. eek.  I know, I'm horrible! I have lots of catching up to do.  I actually have blogs ready to be posted, but the images are MIA, and with me being a photographer and all, that's a negative on going live.  So, they are sitting there, patiently waiting until I hit "publish".


As some you know Texas is practically burning to the ground.  Yes, my beloved great state.  Its so sad, and I can't seem to get it off my mind, especially when I can see the cloud of smoke from my driveway.  Its just incredibly devastating, and I can't even begin to imagine what the evacuees, victims, firefighters, and EMS are going through.  Some of them have already lost their homes, yet they continue with their call of duty.  WOW.  Goodness, they are a true blessing!  So so blessed to have these people give so much of their time and energy so selflessly.  It warms my soul, and gives me warm fuzzies to know that in the midst of this fallen world, there is still good, and even in the dark, God shines His light, and uses others to do the same!   What a mighty and powerful God we serve!


On Wednesday, my sister and I were out and about, and when we get together, who knows what might happen. hehe  But on our trip to Hobby Lobby, we "missed" the exit off 249, and drove right into Montgomery and all the way to the Waller County line.  As we inched our way closer to the smoke, it got darker, thicker, and scarier.  From far away, it looks like a big random cloud low in the sky, but when you're under the sky of smoke, its gut wrenching.  My sister and I sat in her truck at a local gas station, just gazing at this inferno that is wiping out homes, neighborhoods, and ranches.  We couldn't believe our eyes, and others around us seemed to have felt the same as they sat waiting patiently with radios and transmitters on, each passing around information as it came in.   So many emotions overcame me... loss, tragedy, worry, scared, hopeless, hopeful, faith, love, disbelief, anger, sorrow.... just everything.  I couldn't manage to hold on tight to just one.... it was an experience that simply cannot be explained.













I must say though...  Although this is a very terrifying ongoing situation, I couldn't help but think, "Wow.  The power of God... the power of all that He created."  I was in awe.   For a second, it put a smile on face.  A smile of knowing that although this is a horrible horrible time for Texas, we serve a God who is greater than it all.  A God who's timing is perfect, and a God who we can fully trust with every fiber of our being.  He is there... in that smoke, in that fire.  He weeps with those who are weeping. Through the smoke and the ashes, He breathes life into those who once never believed.  He brings a new hope, a new trust, and a new calling for the victims, and those with a helping hand, and a loving heart.




"The God of all comfort" comforts us in all our troubles "so that we can comfort others in any trouble." 
-- 2 Corinthians 1:3-4





Faith, Love, and Texas,
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis