Thursday, April 14, 2011

A Beautiful Mess.


With my hubby working 68 hours a week, and gone for 80 makes it extra hard to get things done... with the house, with my job, and family business. Time is very very tight, thus it being very very valuable to us. There isn't a moment where we aren't just doing "nothing".  There's always something to be done here at the Ayala house, and I'm afraid unpacking has hit the bottom of the priority list. 

You see, I'm the type of person that when we move, everything needs to be unpacked and have found its place in less than a week.  Now, we've never moved into an actual house, and although I can see some differences (from an apartment), why on earth am I hearing stories of people still unpacking 10 months later??  Let me be honest here, that freaks me out! You mean, I have to look at these boxes for another 9 months???  I don't think my eyes, brain, or patience can handle that. Although it is indeed frightening, its becoming reality, and although I wish I could wave my magical wand, and mentally direct each item to its new home on this shelf, or in that closet, or under that cabinet (think Sleeping Beauty), I can't.  This go-round, I can't let my self diagnosed OCD get the best of me, and from the pictures below, you'll see that it hasn't. HA!


 The lovely view from the top banister.


The dining area. Haven't seen half of those boxes in about 3 years. 
What's in them, you ask?? 
Well, your guess is as good as mine! 


 She happens to find unpacking fun. 
Me? Not so much.


I wish I could hide behind that ball, too!


And the entry way. 
Ahh yes. No comment.  



I will also note that this is only 2 rooms of the house. 
Why I just reminded myself of that, I am not exactly sure.


Oh, and I forgot to mention... I took this pictures about 2 weeks ago, and the house STILL looks like this, minus our added couch and love seat. haha


As you can see, our house is mess, but our home, not so much. We sit at the dinner table each night, and enjoy each other's company.  We say prayers before bed, and give kisses before the days starts.  As far as the mess is concerned, it will get done when it gets done.  ::crosses arms & nods head::




As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. 
-- Joshua 24:15





Faith, love, and unpacking!
-Casey

2 comments:

Connie Leon said...

Amen Honey! :D Take your time...relax..it's your casa after all! :D But I know how you feel..I too am living in a beautiful mess...I feel like an episode of Hoarders..it's horrible... :/

Casey Ayala (DreamTree Photography) said...

LOL!! Hoarders is what sticks out in mind! GAH!

Post a Comment

AddThis