Wednesday, April 20, 2011

One Year Anniversary


This Easter will mark our 1 year anniversary.  A celebration of many anniversaries.  One being a year at Community of Faith.  And the rest... history.  Wow.  I can't even begin to describe how much our life changed for the better after attending our very first service as a family.  

You know, I was always the one to say that going to church wasn't a big deal, and that it wasn't needed to be a Christian. But honestly speaking, my entire view on church has changed since the very first time we sat as a family in that church.  It was like God breathed life into our little world, our marriage, and into our hearts. 

I can't imagine life without church.  And I can't imagine life without THIS church. 

Only being there a year, and I have met some extraordinary people.  None of which are perfect, and all of which have their own set problems, worries, and drama.  Nonetheless, beautiful passionate people.  I can't describe how each of them has impacted my life in so many different ways.  And that's considering I've only been there a year.  I am so so excited to see where the Lord takes us within and around this church.  

So far, we've been apart of Serve Saturday, which is a Saturday out of each month where the church goes to help around the city! And boy, do they help!!  Unfortunately, due to Jr's schedule, we haven't been able to attend as much as we'd like, but in just the times we have gone... wow.  Talk about humbleness. 

We've also attended small group, and again with Jr's schedule that didn't last too long, but during the time we were there, we learned the importance of tithing... something that never crossed our minds before then. 

My sister is also apart of the Praise Team. Yes, indeed! And both sisters are apart of the choir!  

Aislynn is known for her artistic skills in the daycare/school area. This cracks me up!

I've also been personally mentored by two of THE most amazing women I have ever met. And funny thing is, I've only been mentored by them once, and that once was WOW.  Eye opening, humbling, and convicting. 

We've also been to couples coaching... fun fun! And Jr and I are looking to take it further and get profession coaching.  Not saying we have any major major problems, and I don't think you need to have "problems" to seek outside counsel, but we love to talk about our marriage, and what we as individuals can do to make a difference for each other. 

Really, there's just too much to say about how God has used church (and this church particularly) to help shape and mold our lives, today.  I think humble is the key word, here. It has completely changed our lives, and I can't imagine going back to our way of living before we stepped through those front doors.


If you're in the Houston area, and are looking for a church to attend, stop by COF!! You'll be glad you did!



The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body. So it is with Christ. 
-- 1 Corinthians 12:12




Faith and Love,
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis