Wednesday, June 6, 2012

nursery {sneak peek}

if you follow me on facebook or pinterest, you'll see i have been nursery-decorating-obsessed since even before i found out Bella was/is a SHE.  some people probably don't put as much thought into it all, and think i am entirely way too crazy, but i love love love to decorate, love the feeling of accomplishing something i worked truly hard at, and the final product... nothing compares! the creativity just sky rockets and that, my friend, is my therapy. =]

i searched and searched for ideas... you know on pinterest, searching for ONE idea can turn into months and months of hours logged in. yep. that happened.  i knew for sure i didn't want pastels... they're pretty, but too cliche for me, and i wanted a theme i can run with when Bella Boo gets older, because obviously re-decorating a room is quite costly.  finally, after lots of pinning and web-surfing, it was there... right in front of me, "Bella." her names says it all... "BEAUTIFUL." so, that was where the brainstorming began... Spanish flair was the theme.

moving has somewhat hindered the process of it all coming together, simply because i need to visually see what's going where... otherwise, i'll end up with too much stuff and not enough places to put it.  that, and a hurt wallet. ha!  now, that we are finally here, its all coming to me, and i can't be more thrilled! its a work in progress, definitely, but one thing at a time... one wall at a time... one shelf at a time... Soon enough, it will be complete!


here's what has been orchestrated so far.
hope you enjoy.
<3

 a lot of the goodies in her room are thrifted, hand-me-downs, or purchased at Hobby Lobby's 40-50% off sale, or given as gifts.

--the chair and ottoman i purchased at Goodwill over a year ago... it has cute little pineapples on it... i'm reallyyy wanting to re-do it, but Jr is obsessed with the pineapples, so okay, I'll leave it alone... for now. ha  anywho, its a chair that snuggles with you! i love it, and for $35, i couldn't pass it up.

-- the vintage spanish crocheted throw was given to me by my Aunt/God Mother... it was given to her when was young. its huge and super comfy!

-- the teddy bear was Aislynn's... "Boo Boo Bear"... my mother gave this to her as a warm fuzzie to hold when she wasn't feeling well.

-- the side table is actually a plant holder... i loveddd the cast iron and detail of it, so i snagged it at Hobby Lobby for $14.99 on clearance.  its mainly to place her bottles and little odds and in's while feeding, reading, or singing her to sleep.

-- the dresser was my mother's when she was younger... my sister and my dad re-did it about 2 years ago, and i threatened asked my sister to have it, and she gave in.  so sweet of her!

-- the glass lamp on the dresser was given to me by the same aunt who gave me the throw. looking to get a lamp shade from goodwill, and cover it with red ruffle trim.

-- the cross, rug, and crown (pictured above) was purchased at Hobby Lobby... again at 50% off. (i'm obsessed with that store... i guess.)

-- the stuffed little birdies are for Bella's mobile that i will be making... the entire thing cost me less than $12. =]

-- the tall vintage lamp shade (pictured above) was FREE at a garage sale.  i plan on hanging it from the corner ceiling over the chair.

-- the mirror on the wall was given to me by my mother... its gold right now... debating on painting it canary yellow to match the sheer curtains i have yet to buy... looking to add red pom poms as a trim to that as well.

-- {what you can't see just yet}
*  her toy box... its solid wood and cherry brown... it was mine when i was a wee one, and its perfect to house all of her toys and little goodies.

* vintage throws...  i have a pretty hefty amount that has been given and/or thrifted/collected as props.  so, we are purchasing zero blankets... except special breathable receiving blankets to accommodate these crazy Houston summer months. 



thank you, to those who have contributed to Bella's room!  it gives me warm fuzzies to know you are thinking of her.  and to those who gave prior to Preggersville Round 2, thank you for sharing and shedding light on my little inspiration. <3

will be sharing more, soon!


faith & love,
casey

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis