Friday, January 6, 2012

2012? Say wha?

Parents weren't kidding when they said time flies when you're older.  I mean, I always used to think, "umm how on earth could someone literally forget how old they are??"  It was just beyond bizarre to me... and funny enough, THIS year, I myself, forgot how old I was, and soon found myself counting on my fingers. (yes, I still do that. ha)

2011 was crazy... like every year before, and every year before that.  Life just gets harder the older you get, however, I've learned this past year, its easier to manage when you have someone who is constantly with you and that loves you unconditionally, and will never let you fall, and will always pick you back up.

I felt like that numerous times this year... like life wouldn't go on and situations would never mend.  But they did, and you know what?  Life DID go on, and here I am today, to tell about it and to remind myself that what doesn't kill us, will only make us stronger.

Stronger?  Yep.  I believe I can attest to that.  Honestly, and truly, I feel like I have gotten to a place of peace... not immediate or so much current, but I know peace is there... waiting for me and my family.  That alone is all the peace I need at the moment, and I can rest in that comfort... in the comfort of Jeremiah 29:11.

As I ponder life throughout the day in prayer and discussion with God, and while listening to my praise and worship, He has been revealing so much to me...  "Simple" is what I keep getting... A simple life.  I know for sure now, that's what I'm after... that's what we as a family are after.


I read this today from Joyce Meyer, and it struck a chord in me. 

God never leads us to busy ourselves so much that we're stressed out all the time and have no joy.
 

And all along, I thought the opposite, but had I really sat down to ask myself WHY I felt this way?  Because in reality, when you think about it, why on earth would God want us SO busy that we're just completely wiped out?  So busy that we forget to pray or make the excuse of not having time to dive into His word or not attend church?  I mean really, that's absurd.  Duh, Casey.  And then on top of it all, be stressed?  Okay, yeah, point made.

Life is all about TRUSTING him... not being so busy that there isn't time to trust in HIM, but rather, trust in our own abilities, or us alone trying to control multiple situations on our own.  

"Sacrafice....sacrafice", I kept telling, myself.  
NO. 

Its finally hit me... I'm not sacrificing what NEEDS to be sacrificed.  I'm only sacrificing what I want to sacrifice in order to keep what I don't NEED.

This year, that's going to change.  Drastically. 
We're moving out of this house when the time comes, and we're selling my beloved SmartCar for something used and hopefully already paid for.  We're minimizing our meals to good healthy choices, and 1/2 of our closets are in the process of being donated.  I could go on, but really, I'm not trying to sound all high and mighty, here.  This may be a laugh to some, but for us and well, for everyone, its about living within your means, and our means means a simpler life.  We want to go on yearly vacations, put our kids in awesome creative sports.  I want to be able to pour more into my business, and maybe even go back to school one day.  I want to invest in everything we have never invested in, but have always wanted toMost importantly, I want to get more involved in the church... in whatever way God intends.  And in fact, Lord willing, I may even want a 3rd child... I know, crazy, right??

So this year, my New Year's resolution isn't to lose weight... although, that would definitely be a plus.  But instead its to walk closer with God... to REALLY get into an awesomely close relationship with Him.  He has yet to fail me, and I can only imagine what He has in store for my family and I, because I know deep down, Jr, Aislynn, and I were made for SO much more, and at the end of this life, I want to be able to say I used all that He gave me.  I strive to be that Proverbs 31 wife, but I feel at this point, I can only "attain" that with less distraction and stress; something that can often root itself with "bigger and better."

I'm tired of being the one who's "ohhh pray for me".  Yeah, its important to ask others to pray for you, but why not be the one that prays FOR them.  As Christians, we aren't made to be in the dumps ALL.THE.TIME.  NO.  We're made to be victorious and to rise up!  Enough with the pity party; THIS warrior comes out THIS year, and I only plan to grow stronger, in Jesus Name! 



"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." 
-- Matthew 6:21


Happy New Year! 


Faith & Love, 
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis