Wednesday, January 25, 2012

16+ Weeks & a Gender

Lately, I've either been nesting or I've had enough of this nest that is a MESS.  Either way, I feel mucho productive and want to pat myself on the back whenever I get the chance! ha!

I've taken some much needed time off from work to refocus on pretty much everything, and I must say these past couple of week have been better than I thought it would be.  I have more energy, and besides the constant headaches and feeling puffy, I feel GREAT!

I honestly don't feel pregnant much at all. ::knocks on wood::  According to my personal scale, I haven't gained a single pound, and I'm still not sure whether to worry or not.  Its getting to the point where Jr is desperate to shove food down my throat, which before I was preggo, I wouldn't have minded at.all.  I've come to the conclusion that either its this pregnancy, or God diluting my appetite, or perhaps both.  Not sure, but this go-round, I'm extremely happy I haven't gained weight.  I only plan to gain about 15lbs total, and I guess if baby is bigger, then maybeeeee 18lbs.  And of course, I plan on losing it immediately after Cupcake is born.  I just pray, I don't say hello to postpartum depression, and eat everything in sight.  

Lord, help me.

As many of you know, tomorrow is a HUGE HUGE day.

::crossing fingers::

::knocks on wood::

Gender Ultrasound! 

Boy or Girl?
Nino or Nina?

Only God knows at this point, but tomorrow, God willing, we'll all know!

Baby Names as of today:
{I'm a woman, and change my mind. duh! but I have a feeling these are pretty set in stone.}


girl: Anabella Rose Ayala 
{"Bella" for short}

boy: Adrian Bryce Ayala

btw. 
Tomorrow, "Cupcake" will either reign, or we'll have to come up with a more manly name. ha!
suggestions are welcome. <3

Here are some of the nursery ideas, I've come across thus far.

girl:
{colors and theme}

boy:
{colors and possible theme}

For the boy's room, I will tell you how absolutely terrified I am.  I mean, I guess, in general, I'm terrified of having a boy.  I have 4 sisters, and huge load of female family members, and well, I have a girl of my own.  Boys terrify me with their violent manners and dirty clothes. ha! {i know all are not like this} I'm being total honest, here.  Jr, alone, scares me with his own tales from the sand box ages.  On the other hand, boys are mama's boys, and although Aislynn can stick up for herself, who doesn't want a brother to do it for her?  Plus, a man of God... so powerful!  And I know Jr will absolutely die and be completely over the moon and overjoyed with the extra testosterone up in here! ha! 

ps.  he has a strong feeling its a boy.  I, on the other hand, haven't a single clue. 
is that sad? =P


So back to the decorating.  I'm ready to start! 
Like 4 months ago!  And hopefully, I can, I mean, WILL, document the process! I've been such a slacker, and I would say, "lately", but in truth, I've been slacking since I began blogging.  errr.  so, yeah. Don't hold your breath, faithful readers.

Anywho, I have a couple more weeks before I am officially HALF WAY through my pregnancy! Weehoo! And yes, I already know I have a longgggg way to go.  I've already been pregnant in the past to live and testify to this (lol), but really, at this point, I'm enjoying it, and I'm glad God gave us 9 months to get ready, because I/we are in no rush for Cupcake to arrive.  Excited? yes! In a rush? Nope. (Aislynn is a different story) We have SO much to do before then, and we want to be as prepared as we possibly can, that way when Cupcake does finally arrive, we can fully enjoy him/her, and not have to worry about the stuff that doesn't need to be worried about. 


Tomorrow: D-Day!
3:20pm cst.

Oh, and one more thing! Cupcake, pleaseeeee cooperate for the family who loves you ohhhh sooo dearly!  I can't have my child taking "bad" pictures... What will that say about me, and my profession? Eh? Eh?   


EEEEK!! Can't wait!
 
How far along? 16+ weeks
Maternity clothes? Not really... Continuing to wear my regular clothes, which consists of leggings and a cute top.
Stretch marks? Not yet. ::knocks on wood::
Sleep: I'm not AS tired, but I'll take up a nap if its offered.
Best moment this week: Well tomorrow, duh. ha
Miss Anything? An appetite. Still.
Movement: I THINK I felt Cupcake move, but I dunno... Gas these days is horrific. =(
Food cravings: Homemade Cake!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Lots
Have you started to show yet:  Yep
Gender: Tomorrow!!
Labor Signs: Nope.  Thank the Lord!
Belly Button in or out? In, and it better stay that way. =P
Wedding rings on or off? On... for now.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Blessed! Happy! Productive!
Looking forward to:  Feeling the baby move, anddddd TOMORROW! ha!
Size of Baby:  Avocado, but Cupcake is 7 days bigger than average, so who knows. lol


ps. I'll try and get a recent pic up, tomorrow! <3
I'm wearing blue & pink to celebrate the day!
btw. the pink is a hot pink cardigan.  
(yes, you read right!)



For other Preggersville goodness, check out my Pinterest board:



Faith, Love, and Gender!
Casey
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis