Wednesday, May 2, 2012

worst.moment.ever.

i feel so completely sick to my stomach, i could throw up.

why?
well, if you scroll down and through old posts on this here blog, you will find all images have been deleted.
poof.
gone.
...forever.

as i laid in bed the other night trying to bore myself into a deep slumber, i decided to "organize" and clean out my cell phone (android).  i headed to the gallery section, where i have well over 1300 images.  without thinking and without a fair warning from google OR android, i delete ALL of my blog images.  why would i need them on my phone, anyway, right?

little did i know, by delete these galleries, i also deleted every single image from not one, not two, but all three blogs.  1000+  images gone... literally in seconds.

all of my hard work, early earlyyy morning blogging, 3 years worth... GONE.

this KILLS me, because i a SO beyond paranoid about computers and hard drives crashing, i back up ALL of my images multiple times in various places.

with that being said, i would be in the hospital had i completely lost all of images.... as in never seen again.  the images on my phone, however, those alone will never see the light of day on blogger ever again. BUT, they are safe and sound on my computer, external hard drive, and DVD's.


i guess i'll live.
i mean, what else can i do, right?

start over.
start fresh.

at least, i kept the images from my actual layout, which my blogger illiterate behind took 5-6 hours working on. ::phew::

my photo blog, however...
well, that is a complete goner.
can't say i'm too too sorry.
old work on there, and i was already planning on starting a new one after my maternity leave... a professional blog/website.  <<<------- this is me being somewhat optimistic. ha.


DEEP BREATH.

SO, just thought i'd share.
don't make the same mistake i did, or you too, will find yourself up at 2am wanting to take an ax to both google and android's throats. (some smart phone, huh?)



faith & love,
casey

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis