Thursday, March 17, 2011

My Deliverer.


Okay, just last night, on my photography blog, I decided to announce this blog (post will go live on Friday), and as you can see, it isn't nearly finished as I'd like it to be, but I received this in my inbox this morning, and as tears filled my eyes, I felt the need to share.  Still, I am speechless.  I guess when you put things into "dummy" terms, or make it into a story book, its that much more clear.  And its clear on which tool I, myself, have purchased. 

Discouragement.  

Mean little bugger, I tell you!

"Friend to Friend
It was advertised that the devil was putting his tools up for sale. When the day of the sale came, each tool was priced and laid out for public inspection. And what a collection it was. Hatred, envy, jealousy, deceit, pride, and lying ... the inventory was treacherous. Off to one side was a harmless-looking tool priced higher than all the rest, even though it was obviously more worn than any other tool the devil owned. "What's the name of this tool?" asked one of the customers. "That," the devil replied, "is discouragement." The customer asked, "But why have you priced it so high?" The devil smiled and explained, "Because discouragement is more useful to me than all the others. I can pry open and get inside a man's heart with that tool when I can't get near him with any other. It's badly worn because I use it on almost everyone, since so few people know it belongs to me."  "
-- The Tool of Discouragement
Mary Southerland

 For more on this article as well as other Godly goodness, check out  http://www.girlfriendsingod.com/

 Although, we have an empty house waiting to be loved, shared with precious memories, and lit up with the light of Jesus, I can't help but feel discouraged by other events. Past and present. And it seems that during this time of what should be JOY, I am discouraged.  Its like the devil has stuck a knife in that joy, and is slowly turning it, so the pain will be that much more devastating and that much more hurtful. And when I read this above, I guess I never realized just how powerful this tool of discouragement really is. Its scary, really. Its frightening. Just to think of how easily he can prowl around and devour our God-given joy and happiness. (1 Peter 5:8) That joy and happiness, which we so much deserve! 

And then I think... hmph... well MY GOD is STRONGER.  And just as easily as the devil came, he can leave, and he will leave, because my God said so. Because I have faith. Because there is no place in my heart for the devil to reign. He's not wanted nor needed.  But my God is, and He shall be. My rock. My salvation. My retreat. My hope. My JOY. He is my alpha and my omega.  Nothing else matters, and nothing else can compare. 

Times are hard, and I'm positive, somebody somewhere out there has it a whole lot worse. But whether your problem is a big one or a little one, He is bigger; bigger than it all.  And He is with you, and He will see you through it.


The image below stands out in my mind so so much. His arms are open, we just need to run to them. We can  be rest assured that His loving embrace will always be a warm one.
Doubt creates mountains; faith moves them.


 
Faith and love, 
Casey


No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis